Time check 12:47 in the morning and I am still awake because I get frustrated with my itchy stomach, it was started yesterday night and I get worried because I can´t stop scratching my stomach which lead to redness and I am very worried because maybe I will get some stretch marks after delivery. I tried to avoid scratching it but it made it worse. I already asked a friend what to do with my itchy stomach and she advised me to put oil or lotion, since my lotion was empty I used my baby oil. It stop the itchy for awhile but after an hour it comes back which made me rally frustrated. I really wonder what was the reason having a itchy stomach during my pregnancy, I have heard many times, that the baby has a lot of hair that´s why the stomach get itchy. But to make sure I surfed the net and get information about it because I´m sure I will surely get info. about it.
Here what I learned why I have itchy stomach during my last trimester pregnancy:
* The cause of having an itchy stomach is the uterus grows and expands to be able to accomodate the baby and the skin gets streches.
* Pregnancy hormones can also result to have itchy stomach as well as changes your liver enzymes.
* The itchy stomach starts during the last trimester pregnancy,the itchy can starts from your belly, thights and arms. ( I have been skratching my thights the past days and now in the stomach, so far not yet in my arms ).
*Having an itchy stomach condition doesn´t harm the baby or you but it could be really distracting which I felt these days.
What to avoid:
*Avoid taking a hot shower/baths- I use to do it often at least now I know.
* Use cocoa butter to your abdomen
*Use plenty of moisturizer
* Use mild soap to avoid having a dry skin
Ok, these are some information that I got from reading…not bad at all, at least now I know why I got itchy stomach and what to avoid and to use…I try to get some sleep now, Good night/morning everyone!!